Wild Roots is hiring for 2017-18 school year and some summer camp positions.
Resumes may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training opportunities are available through the Academy of Forest Kindergarten Teachers.
Wild Roots Forest School is hiring. All programs are entirely outdoors, meeting in forests, meadows, and an urban farm in the Santa Barbara area or in the Bishop area in the Eastern Sierra, California.
- This part-time position requires 27-32 hours per week.
- Work hours are Monday-Friday mornings.
- Teacher and assistant teacher position available.
The ideal candidates will have:
- Training and experience in early childhood development and education
- Experience with outdoor/nature based mentoring
- Knowledge of local flora and fauna
- Familiarity and/or experience with Waldorf education
- Experience with traditional/ancient skills.
Qualifications: Candidates must possess most of the following attributes:
- experience working with children age 2-7 years of age
- comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions
- comfortable sitting on the ground and getting dirty.
- comfortable handling insects and other small creatures.
- interested in further growth in naturalist studies and mentoring
- a nurturing, loving, and creative attitude
- dedicated to developmentally appropriate practice and aware of developmental needs of young children
- physically fit, able to crouch, dig, climb, hike, and carry up to 40lbs
- have reliable transportation
- CPR certification, Pediatric First Aid, and ability to pass criminal records check
- Strongly favored: Naturalist skills and knowledge; Lifeways Training; Waldorf Teacher Training; Reggio Emilia Study Trip/Experience; Certified Forest School Teacher; Experience in story telling; Play a musical instrument and/or sing,
Compensation & Benefits:
Assistant Teacher: $12-$14 per hour, paid professional development, paid sick days, paid national holidays, 6 weeks paid vacation per year, opportunity to grow with us and expand your role as it helps fulfill our mission.
Teacher: $15-$17 per hour, paid professional development, paid sick days, paid national holidays, 6 weeks paid vacation per year, opportunity to grow with us and expand your role as it helps fulfill our mission.
How to apply:
To apply, please send a resume/CV and single-page cover letter to: email@example.com
Wild Roots Forest School
6163 Stow Canyon Road
Goleta, CA 93117
No calls, please.